- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- six boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- vegetable oil spray
- your favorite tomato sauce (spaghetti, marinara, putanesca, etc.,)
- mozzarella cheese
- freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- We used six boneless, skinless chicken breasts - patted dry. Then, we salted and peppered them.
- Then, we set up a battering station: One bowl had 1/2 cup of flour; 1 teaspoon garlic powder; 1/2 teaspoon salt and some pepper. The second bowl had three egg whites and 1 tablespoon of water and was whisked gently. The third bowl has 1 1/2 cups toasted (with olive oil) panko crumbs with 1/2 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese.
- The salt and peppered chicken breasts were put into the flour and then shaken and spanked. Yes, I said spanked!! Pat that flour in.
- Next, place the chicken into the egg white mixture - use tongs to quickly flip the breast over. Once covered let drip dry a bit before moving on.
- Finally, place the chicken breast into the bowl of toasted, parmesan panko. Cover the chicken breast completely with the crumbs and PRESS them into both sides. Shake gently as you remove. Place the covered breasts on either a baking sheet (sprayed with Parkay vegetable oil spray) or on a rack setting in a baking sheet.
- Once all of the breasts are battered - spray their tops lightly with the Parkay vegetable oil spray and bake at 475 fahrenheit for 15 minutes. Check them to be sure they are cooked through with no pink showing at all.
- To serve: place thin slices of fresh mozzarella cheese on the chicken breasts as soon as they come out of the oven. When plating, add your favorite tomato sauce (spaghetti, marinara, putanesca, etc.,) over the mozzarella and chicken. Then, top with freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
NotesCourtesy of "America's Test Kitchen" my family enjoyed a truly delightful meal. We watched the show last Sunday and all week I just couldn't get the recipe out of my mind. So, today, I went shopping - determined to replicate the meal. And I did! It was amazingly simple and only took about 1.5 hours total until it was ready to eat!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Babette's Test Kitchen
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
Healthy Blender Recipes: Vegan Drinks, Shakes & SmoothiesSee More
Cherry Chip Cheesecake BarsSee More