- Cooking Time: 40
- Preparation Time:
- 4 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 cup baking raisins
- 1 3/4 cups well-shaken low fat buttermilk
- Butter Spray
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray and flour (can use Baker's Joy) a large baking sheet or bake on Silpat.
- Sift together 4 cups of flour, baking soda, and salt into a large bowl and stir in sugar and raisins.
- Add buttermilk and stir just until dough is evenly moistened but still lumpy and sticky.
- Transfer dough to a well-floured surface and gently knead with floured hands about 8 times to form a soft but slightly sticky dough.
- Halve dough and form into 2 balls.
- Pat out each ball into a domed 6 inch round on baking sheet.
- Cut a 1/2 inch deep X on top of each loaf with a knife, then spray with butter spray.
- Bake in middle of oven until golden brown and bottoms sound hollow when tapped, 35-40 minutes.
- Transfer loaves to racks to cool completely.
- You must SAVE this recipe
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Amsterdam Friends Cookbook
Get Cookin'See More
Edamame and Radish Slaw
Lisa Lovegood's Butterbeer Cake
Rustic Whole Wheat Garlic & Herb PizzaSee More