- Cooking Time: 25
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 5
- 1-2 Tbsp olive oil
- 6 cups of chopped zucchini, not peeled (approx. 2 medium zukes)
- 1 large onion
- 5 cups of vegetable broth (or water)
- 1/2 cup of basil, chiffonade
- 1 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 Tbsp flour
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1. Heat oil in a pot. When hot, add the onions. Sauté until translucent. Add the chopped zucchini. Sauté for approx. 5 min.
- 2. Add broth, bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium and simmer for 20 minutes. Add the basil and simmer for 5 more minutes.
- 3. Mix the flour and oil in a cup. Add one cup of soup bouillon and mix until smooth. Add the flour/oil/soup mixture to the soup and stir until soup thickens.
- 4. Remove from heat, blend, season to taste with salt and pepper. Add the juice of 1 lemon and adjust seasoning if needed. Serve warm, at room temperature or cold.
- Note: You can drizzle a little olive oil on top of each bowl and grind some peppers (optional)
NotesFEATURING: Zucchini, Basil and onions.
Here's a zucchini basil soup I like to make in the hot summer months as it is quite light and also good eaten lukewarm. I often make a half batch for a quick lunch. For another variation of this soup (without lemon) that got the two thumbs up (or more) from yet another one of our awesome CSA drop-off hosts, Kate, check out this recipe: http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/reviews/Zucchini-Basil-Soup-242831?pg=3