- Cooking Time: 15
- Servings: 3-4
- Preparation Time: 10
BackstoryDelicious! I like to make it with brown rice which increases cooking time, but adds health. I think it's the perfect thing to dig into after a long (and sometimes chilly!) fall bike ride. Also great with added veggies like red peppers, diced green beans, or lots of onions.
- tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon bottled minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 (8-ounce) package presliced mushrooms
- 3/4 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion, garlic, thyme, and mushrooms; sauté 5 minutes or until onion is tender. Add chicken; sauté 4 minutes or until the chicken is lightly browned. Add wine, salt, and pepper; cook 3 minutes or until liquid almost evaporates.
- Stir in rice and broth. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Stir in cheese and parsley.