- Cooking Time: 30 to 40
- Preparation Time:
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 serving Mrs. Smith's Deep Dish 9-Inch Pie Crust
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp table salt
- 2 items egg white(s)
- 15 oz Libby's Solid Pack Pumpkin
- 12 fl oz Carnation Fat-Free Evaporated Milk
- Preheat Oven to 425
- Combine sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, ginger, and salt in small bowl. Beat eggs lightly in large bowl. Stir in pumpkin and sugar mixture. Gradually stir in evaporated milk. Pour into pie shell.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350. Bake for an additional 30 to 40 minutes, or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack for 2 hours. Eat immediately or refrigerate. Do not freeze or crust will separate from filling.
NotesYou seriously can NOT tell that this is a diet pie! It is absolutely delicious! Since I found this recipe I am in charge of the pumpkin pie for Thanksgiving every year : )
You can also make two shallow pies. Just substitute two 9 inch (2 cup) pie shells. Bake in 425 oven for 15 minutes. Reduce temp to 350 and bake for additional 15 to 20 minutes or until knife comes out clean.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Oliver & Grandson's Cajun and Southern Creations
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie ChallengeSee More
pistachio cranberry icebox cookies
Teeny Tiny Italian Meat-loaves
Mom's Holiday Stove Top StuffingSee More