- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 1
- Preparation Time:
- 1 oz Baked Tostitos Scoops (approx 14 chips)
- 4 oz extra lean ground turkey
- your favorite taco seasonings
- 1/4 C Refried Beans
- (green chilies & lime juice)
- 1/4 C Sargento Shredded Mexican Blend Cheese
- 2 TBLS Salsa
- 1 TBLS light sour cream
- 5 or 6 Jalapeno Slices
- a few good shakes Chipotle Tabasco
- Cook turkey w/taco seasonings.
- Heat beans with green chilies & lime juice.
- Place chips on a plate (for microwave) or pan (for oven).
- Fill chip cups with 4 oz seasoned ground turkey.
- Add beans to each chip cup.
- Sprinkle evenly with shredded cheese.
- Pop into the microwave or oven until cheese is melty.
- Top with salsa, jalapenos, light sour cream and some Chipotle Tabasco!
- You can also add whatever nacho veggies you like... would you prefer fresh diced tomato & onion & lettuce... maybe some black olives? A tablespoon or two of guacamole (hey... that's good fat *Wink* )
NotesI'm trying to eat healthier these days (like everyone else!) If the flavor isn't great, it's not a good substitute. Then I'll still be craving the less healthy version. This version of nachos is still very satisfying and tasty. And it's a really hearty portion.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Julie Tries ... Her Friends' Recipes
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!See More
Louisiana Crabmeat Stuffed Artichoke
Slow-Cooker Chicken Tortilla SoupSee More