Lighter Sugar Cookies - Gluten-Free
1 1/2 cup gluten free self-rising whole-grain flour mix
1/3 cup Splenda Sugar Blend ( or 1/4 cups each; sucralose and sugar)
1/2 cup less-fat margarine (used canola harvest)
1 1/2 tablespoons fat-free half-and-half
2 tablespoons liquid egg white product
1/2 teaspoon vanilla powder
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cover a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
2. Combine the flours, and sweetener in a mixing bowl. Add remainder of ingredients and mix with hand mixer until blended
3. Divide dough into 24 balls. Press slightly with hands or spatula to flatten into desired shape on the prepared cookie sheet.
4. Bake for about 8 to 9 minutes or until edges are browned. The cookie will puff and start to deflate.
5. Remove from oven as it begins to deflate.
6. Remove from pan. Let cool on another cool cookie sheet. Frost if desired
Pairs Well With
On National Sugar Cookie Day 2011, I was reading a nutrition article on Web MD. There was a link on the page for a regular lighter sugar cookie. That gave me the idea to make this one. My gluten free flour mix has more whole grains than the average mix. KAF has a mix that could also be used.