- Cooking Time: 30
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 45
- 4 chicken breasts
- 10 oz. spaghetti
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1/2 bell pepper, chopped
- 6 oz. Velveeta
- 1/2 cup Cheez Whiz
- small bay Lay's potato chips
- Boil the chicken breasts in a large pot until done, and dice into bite size pieces. Save the broth.
- Cook the spaghetti in the leftover chicken water until al dente, and drain. Put the spaghetti back into the pot.
- Preheat the oven to 300F. While the spaghetti cooks, heat the cream of mushroom soup, milk, onion, bell pepper, Velveeta and and Cheez Whiz in a large saucepan until melted. Stir contstantly, or it will burn on the bottom.
- Pour the soup-cheese mixture into the spaghetti and mix well. Stir in the chicken. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour the mixture into an ungreased 9x13 pan. Crumble several handfuls of Lay's chips over the chicken spaghetti, until the surface is covered.
- Cook uncovered at 300F for 30 minutes.
NotesMy grandmother lives in a small town in West Texas, and every year the surrounding communities come together and make a Lighthouse Cookbook. She found this recipe years ago, and we've been making it in our family since. It's so cheesy!!!