- Cooking Time: 18-20
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThis recipe is fast, healthy, and best of all, really tasty!
This recipe originally appeared in Oxygen Women's Fitness Magazine.
Amount per serving:
- 1.5 cups fresh salsa (or pico de gallo)
- ¼ cup Dijon mustard
- 4 Tbs. fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp. dried dill
- 4 – 4 oz. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 4 Tbs. non fat sour cream (optional)
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- 2 Tbs. extra virgin olive oil
- In a large bowl, combine salsa, mustard, lime juice, and dill.
- Mix thoroughly and transfer this salsa mixture into a 2 cup measuring cup.
- Place the chicken breasts in to the large bowl and pour 1 1/4 cups of the mixture over the chicken leaving 3/4 of a cup of the salsa mixture.
- Cover bowl and refrigerate chicken for one to two hours to marinate.
- In a large skillet heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add chicken breasts; discard marinade and sauté on each side for 5 minutes until browned.
- Add remaining 3/4 cup of salsa mixture to skillet, cover and let cook for another 8 minutes or until chicken meat is white throughout.
- Remove chicken breasts to serving plate and spoon mixture from skillet over chicken.
- Top each breast with a tablespoon of nonfat sour cream and lime wedge.