- Cooking Time: 18-20
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- 1.5 cups fresh salsa (or pico de gallo)
- ¼ cup Dijon mustard
- 4 Tbs. fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp. dried dill
- 4 – 4 oz. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 4 Tbs. non fat sour cream (optional)
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- 2 Tbs. extra virgin olive oil
- In a large bowl, combine salsa, mustard, lime juice, and dill.
- Mix thoroughly and transfer this salsa mixture into a 2 cup measuring cup.
- Place the chicken breasts in to the large bowl and pour 1 1/4 cups of the mixture over the chicken leaving 3/4 of a cup of the salsa mixture.
- Cover bowl and refrigerate chicken for one to two hours to marinate.
- In a large skillet heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add chicken breasts; discard marinade and sauté on each side for 5 minutes until browned.
- Add remaining 3/4 cup of salsa mixture to skillet, cover and let cook for another 8 minutes or until chicken meat is white throughout.
- Remove chicken breasts to serving plate and spoon mixture from skillet over chicken.
- Top each breast with a tablespoon of nonfat sour cream and lime wedge.
NotesThis recipe is fast, healthy, and best of all, really tasty!
This recipe originally appeared in Oxygen Women's Fitness Magazine.
Amount per serving:
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
Driscoll's Berry Desserts
Watt's Cooking in PA?See More
Jimmy Dean® Skillets, Southwest Style: Customizable Breakfast Burritos
Zucchini Patties with Zucchini Hummus
Pink Velvet CupcakesSee More