- Cooking Time:
- Servings: One pie, 4-6 servings
- Preparation Time:
- Graham cracker crust:
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 3 Tablespoons melted butter or margarine
- Coconut crust:
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup toasted coconut
- 3 T. milk
- 1 envelope gelatin
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup plus 2 T. freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lime peel
- 4 eggs, seperated
- 1/2 cup sugar
- To make graham cracker crust:
- 1. Blend cracker crumbs with butter. Press into 10-inch pie plate. Bake at 375 degrees (F) for 8 to 10 minutes. Set aside.
- To make coconut crust:
- 2. Cut butter into flour. Add toasted coconut with milk. Roll out, press into pie plate and bake at 400 degrees (F) for 8 minutes.
- 1. Dissolve gelatin in the 1/4 cup water.
- 2. In saucepan, combine cugar, lime juice and grated peel. Bring to a boil, stirring until sugar is dissolved. Reduce heat. Add gelatin and stir until dissolved. Remove from heat.
- 3. Beat egg whites until the form soft peaks. Add additional 1/2 cup sugar, slowly, until stiff but not dry.
- 4. Beat egg yolks. Slowly pour lime mixture into the beaten egg yolks, stirring constantly. Cool quickly in freezer or bowl of ice, until slightly thickened.
- 5. Fold in egg whites. Pour into crust. Chill for about 3 hours or until firm
Notes*This is a no-bake pie that uses raw eggs*
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Growers' Giveback Potluck
The Secret Life of Bees: Cooking Your Way Through College
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at PesahSee More
pistachio cranberry icebox cookies
Teeny Tiny Italian Meat-loaves
Mom's Holiday Stove Top StuffingSee More