- Cooking Time: 4 hours chill time
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 30 minutes
BackstoryThis recipe comes from Kraft Foods. It's a very light and fluffy cream pie using Jello and whipped cream. It can also easily be made into a Lemon Chiffon Pie by substituting lemon ingredients. Come to think of it, it could also be strawberry or cherry! I used Lite whipped topping. The site uses name brands, (Jell-o, Cool Whip), but I used store bought (Meijer) brands instead.
- 2/3 cup boiling water
- 1 package (3 oz.) JELL-O Lime Flavor Gelatin (or use store brand)
- ice cubes
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 2 cups Lite Cool Whip topping (I used the store brand)
- 1 1/2 tsp. lime zest
- 2 Tbsp. lime juice
- 1 ready-to-use graham cracker crumb crust (6 oz.)
- Add boiling water to gelatin mix in a large bowl; stir with a whisk for 2 minutes until completely dissolved; add enough ice to cold water to make 2 cups; add to gelatin and stir until ice is melted.
- Stir in whipped topping, zest and juice; refrigerate for 15 to 20 minutes or until mixture is very thick and will mound; spoon into crust.
- Refrigerate for 4 hours.