- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 10-12
- Preparation Time:
- 1-1/2 cups flaked coconut
- 3 tablespoons ground macadamia nuts or almonds
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 pkgs. (8 oz. each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lime peel
- green food coloring
- 1-1/2 cups whipping cream, whipped
- additional whipped cream, optional
- toasted coconut, optional
- In a bowl, combine coconut and nuts; stir in butter. Press onto the bottom of a greased 9-in. springform pan. Bake at 350ºF for 10-15 minutes or until crust is golden brown around the edges. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over cold water; let stand for 1 minute. Stir in sugar; cook over low heat until sugar and gelatin is dissolved. Remove from the heat. In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Gradually beat in gelatin mixture. Add lime juice and peel; beat until blended. Tint pale green with food coloring. Fold in whipped cream. Pour over crust. Refrigerate for 5 hours or overnight. Carefully run a knife around the edge of pan to loosen. Remove sides of pan. Garnish with whipped cream and coconut if desired.
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and Appetisers
L. Kayell presents: Cook with the WOW Characters of iN Education, Inc.
KITCHEN CAUCUS Conservative CreationsSee More
BROWNIE CUPCAKES WITH PEANUT BUTTER FROSTING
Chocolate Chia Protein-Pudding
Bagel PizzaSee More