- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/2 lbs bone-in skinless chicken thighs
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice (about 2 limes)
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves (I'm not a huge thyme fan so i'll either omit this or use basil instead)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 cup uncooked instant rice
- Place chicken in 3-4 quart slow cooker. Add remaining ingredients except rice.
- Cover and cook on low heat setting for 8 - 10 hrs. During lasst 15 minutes of cooking, stir in rice.
- Remove chicken from cooker. place cooed rice on each serving plate. Top with chicken. Spoon any remaining juices over chicken.
- Serve with tossed green salad or steamed vegetables.
- Betty's tip: Bone-in chicken works best in slow cookers. The bones help keep the chicken in one oiece during the long cooking time.
NotesThis is a Betty Crocker Slow Cooker Meal. This is one of my younger daughters favorite meals.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Secret of the Wings Cookbook
Adventures in Cooking
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for LunchSee More
Corn Fritters ( Sorullitos)
Mambo Pork Rolls with Sweet Potatoes
Red Lentil And Vegetable SoupSee More