- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter -- (1 1/2 sticks) room temperature
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- Grated zest of 2 limes
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, cream butter and 1/3 cup sugar until fluffy.
- Add lime zest, juice, and vanilla; beat until fluffy.
- 2. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cornstarch, and salt.
- Add to butter mixture, and beat on low speed until combined.
- 3. Between two 8-by-12-inch pieces of parchment paper, roll dough into two 1 1/4-inch-diameter logs.
- Chill at least 1 hour.
- 4. Heat oven to 350°.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment.
- Place remaining 2/3 cup sugar in a resealable plastic bag.
- Remove parchment from logs; slice dough into 1/8-inch-thick rounds.
- Place rounds on baking sheets, spaced 1 inch apart.
- 5. Bake cookies until barely golden, about 15 minutes.
- Transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool slightly, 8 to 10 minutes.
- While still warm, place cookies in the sugar-filled bag; toss to coat.
- Bake or freeze remaining dough.
- Store baked cookies in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Driscoll's Berry Desserts
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day Feast
$30 Wine+Food PairingsSee More
Super-Simple Snickers Pies
Cilantro Pork Tamales
PUmpkin Carrot Swirl BarsSee More