- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter -- (1 1/2 sticks) room temperature
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- Grated zest of 2 limes
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, cream butter and 1/3 cup sugar until fluffy.
- Add lime zest, juice, and vanilla; beat until fluffy.
- 2. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cornstarch, and salt.
- Add to butter mixture, and beat on low speed until combined.
- 3. Between two 8-by-12-inch pieces of parchment paper, roll dough into two 1 1/4-inch-diameter logs.
- Chill at least 1 hour.
- 4. Heat oven to 350°.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment.
- Place remaining 2/3 cup sugar in a resealable plastic bag.
- Remove parchment from logs; slice dough into 1/8-inch-thick rounds.
- Place rounds on baking sheets, spaced 1 inch apart.
- 5. Bake cookies until barely golden, about 15 minutes.
- Transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool slightly, 8 to 10 minutes.
- While still warm, place cookies in the sugar-filled bag; toss to coat.
- Bake or freeze remaining dough.
- Store baked cookies in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie Treats
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
Favourites from Ana's Romanian KitchenSee More
Steak with red onion relish
Merry Christmas CookiesSee More