- Cooking Time: 17-20 minutes
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
BackstorySometimes it's like an episode of Chopped in my kitchen. These muffins were the result of having to use up a pint of blueberries and having to use what I had on hand. The recipe is a keeper!
- 3/4 cup sugar, divided
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated lime peel, divided
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1 pint fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 (5-6 oz) container lime flavored Greek yogurt
- 6 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.; line a 12 cup muffin pan with paper liners.
- In a small bowl, stir together 1/4 cup sugar and 1 teaspoon lime peel; set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, coconut, and remaining lime peel and sugar. Stir in the blueberries and set aside.
- Add the milk, the egg and the yogurt to a large, microwave safe measuring cup. Use a fork to blend the mixture. Microwave for about 30 seconds, or just until the mixture is at room temperature; stir in the coconut oil and the vanilla. Add the milk mixture to the flour mixture and gently stir with a rubber spatula until just blended.
- Spoon the batter into the lined muffin cups. Sprinkle the sugar/lime mixture over the tops of the muffins. Bake for 17-20 minutes, or until the tops spring back when lightly touched. Remove the muffins from the pan and cool on a wire rack.