- Cooking Time: 5 to 7 minutes
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 15
- 1 pound Chickebn Breast
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 Cup of club soda/ or beer
- 1 cup cooked white rice
- 2 cups brown gravy
- To make the batter: Stir together the flour, baking powder, salt, oil and club soda. If you like a thinner batter add more club soda.
- Cut up the chicken breast in about 1 inch thick strips or bite size chunks.
- Put the cut up chicken breasts in the batter and heat up either your deep fat fryer or a pan with 3 or so inches of oil to 375. If you are using your deep fat fryer, you are going to have to keep the basket moving with one hand while you drop the coated chicken pieces into it until the crust forms and it will no longer tick to the basket. I usually use a pan with oil in it as this will muck up your deep fat frier if you don't keep it moving.
- Fry the chicken until golden brown and crispy. Drain on paper towels.
- Put the crispy chicken pieces on top of your white rice and cover with your gravy (I used Jarred gravy seasoned up a bit.).
NotesI used to get this made for me at the Burlington Center Mall in New Jersey. But they closed up and I had to learn to make it for myself! It's actually called War Su Gai. It's a chicken breast in a light tempura batter and fried, put over white rice with gravy! Makes my mouth water just to think of it!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skin
MetroCooking Texas 2013
The Best of GlutenFreeHappyTummy!See More
Surprise Birthday Cake
Citrus Pork Roast
Paula's Pecan ChickenSee More