- Cooking Time: 40-45
- Servings: 6-8
- Preparation Time: 10
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 Tbsp minced onion
- 1-2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 cans (14 oz) diced tomatoes
- 3 cans Great Northern beans
- 1 pkg baby sliced portobello mushrooms
- 3/4 bag spinach, rinsed
- 2-3 cups of vegetable or chicken broth
- Parmesan or other cheese for garnish
- 1. Saute onion and garlic in olive oil.
- 2. Add all other ingredients except spinach, mash 1/2 of the beans and add with rest to thicken chowder)
- 3. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for at least 30 minutes.
- 4. Add spinach and cook until the spinach is wilted.
NotesMy sis-in-law Lindsey is a vegetarian, and shared this recipe with me. My young girls love this chowder! I do put some shredded chicken in it sometimes...
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day Feast
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!See More
Aunt Kiki’s Enchilada Casserole
Chicken Cauliflower Power Soup
Coconut MacaroonsSee More