- Cooking Time: 40-45
- Servings: 6-8
- Preparation Time: 10
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 Tbsp minced onion
- 1-2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 cans (14 oz) diced tomatoes
- 3 cans Great Northern beans
- 1 pkg baby sliced portobello mushrooms
- 3/4 bag spinach, rinsed
- 2-3 cups of vegetable or chicken broth
- Parmesan or other cheese for garnish
- 1. Saute onion and garlic in olive oil.
- 2. Add all other ingredients except spinach, mash 1/2 of the beans and add with rest to thicken chowder)
- 3. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for at least 30 minutes.
- 4. Add spinach and cook until the spinach is wilted.
NotesMy sis-in-law Lindsey is a vegetarian, and shared this recipe with me. My young girls love this chowder! I do put some shredded chicken in it sometimes...
Paul's Food World Volume 1
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community Cookbook
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or PartySee More
Black Bean Salad
Gabriola Clam Chowder
PUMPKIN CUSTARD PROFITEROLES WITH MAPLE CARAMELSee More