- Cooking Time: 35
- Servings: 16
- Preparation Time: 10
- 3 small (or 2 large) ripe bananas
- 4 lg tbsp sour cream
- 1 box white cake mix
- 3 egg whites
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 (8oz) cream cheese (softened)
- 1 stick butter (softened)
- 4 cups powdered confectioners sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- optional 1/3 cup walnuts
- "Elvis style" Peanut Butter Frosting
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 tbsp milk
- 2 cups powdered confectioners sugar
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Blend bananas with mixer, adding sour cream. Mix until well blended and not lumpy. Add cake mix, egg whites, oil, vanilla. Add milk last and slowly to be able to judge the consistency. (Adjust milk as needed).
- Pour into lined cupcake pan.
- Bake approximately 35 minutes or until done (when toothpick comes out clean).
- Cupcakes will spring back when touched. Dont OverBake!
- Allow to cool.
- Make cream cheese frosting: Mix cream cheese and butter. Add vanilla and powdered sugar slowly, mixing while adding. Mix until the consistency is right. Can add a little milk while mixing for a creamier frosting. Optional, stir in walnuts.
- For "Elvis style" peanut butter frosting: Mix butter and peanut butter, add powdered sugar gradually, mixing while adding. Add in milk slowly, mixing while adding until right consistency.
NotesThis is a Lindseycakes favorite! Made with ripe bananas, these are super moist. Cream Cheese frosting sets the experience. Or try them "Elvis style" with Peanut Butter frosting!
Submitted by Sheri L Taylor