- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cup Toasted Pine Nuts
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Cloves of Garlic, Minced
- 1 pound Calamari Rings
- Kosher Salt
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1/3 cup fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 bunch Parsley (Roughly Chopped)
- 2 tsp Lemon Zest
- 1 lb Linguine
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Toast Pine nuts in a skillet (This works better than in the oven) over medium-low heat for about 5 minutes until fragrant.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil until it just begins to smoke, add garlic and saute for 2 minutes.
- Salt and pepper the calamari and toss into skillet with garlic, cook for 2 minutes - Be careful not to overcook or calamari will be tough.
- Add the lemon juice, then remove the skillet from the heat and add half of the chopped parsley and the lemon zest.
- Drain Linguine; place in a shallow bowl
- Pour Calamari sauce over linguine and toss.
- Serve immediately; garnished with remaining parsley and pine nuts.
NotesYet another seafood pasta recipe. Something interesting to do with calamari, other than just frying it. This dish has a nice 'clean' flavor thanks to the lemon. the trick with this is to saute the calamari quick and hot. If you cook it to long it will be shoe leather. the alternative is to cook it long and low, but that doesn;t work to well with pasta dishes. The lemon juice can be exchanged for chicken broth or clam juice if desired to mix up the flavors a little.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for Breakfast
I'm Making Cookies! with Douglas E. Welch
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skinSee More
STUFFAT TAL-QARNIT (Octopus Stew)
Frosted Apple Cinnamon Bars
BANANA WELLINGTONSSee More