- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryI got this recipe from the Barefoot Contessa show. I add spinach and thinly sliced carrots to pack in more vitamins. It is so good!
- Vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt plus 1 1/2 teaspoons
- 3/4 pound linguine
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 1/2 tablespoons good olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced garlic (4 cloves)
- 1 pound large shrimp (about 16 shrimp), peeled and deveined
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1/2 lemon, zest grated
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (2 lemons)
- 1/4 lemon, thinly sliced in half-rounds
- 1/8 teaspoon hot red pepper flakes
- Drizzle some oil in a large pot of boiling salted water, add 1 tablespoon of salt and the linguine, and cook for 7 to 10 minutes, or according to the directions on the package.
- Meanwhile, in another large (12-inch), heavy-bottomed pan, melt the butter and olive oil over medium-low heat.
- Add the garlic.
- Saute for 1 minute.
- Be careful, the garlic burns easily!
- Add the shrimp, 1 1/2 teaspoons of salt, and the pepper and saute until the shrimp have just turned pink, about 5 minutes,(I add the sliced carrots and spinach here to give it a few minutes to cook) stirring often.
- Remove from the heat, add the parsley, lemon zest, lemon juice, lemon slices, and red pepper flakes.
- Toss to combine.
- When the pasta is done, drain the cooked linguine and then put it back in the pot. Immediately add the shrimp and sauce, toss well, and serve.