- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt plus 1 1/2 teaspoons
- 3/4 pound linguine
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 1/2 tablespoons good olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced garlic (4 cloves)
- 1 pound large shrimp (about 16 shrimp), peeled and deveined
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1/2 lemon, zest grated
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (2 lemons)
- 1/4 lemon, thinly sliced in half-rounds
- 1/8 teaspoon hot red pepper flakes
- Drizzle some oil in a large pot of boiling salted water, add 1 tablespoon of salt and the linguine, and cook for 7 to 10 minutes, or according to the directions on the package.
- Meanwhile, in another large (12-inch), heavy-bottomed pan, melt the butter and olive oil over medium-low heat.
- Add the garlic.
- Saute for 1 minute.
- Be careful, the garlic burns easily!
- Add the shrimp, 1 1/2 teaspoons of salt, and the pepper and saute until the shrimp have just turned pink, about 5 minutes,(I add the sliced carrots and spinach here to give it a few minutes to cook) stirring often.
- Remove from the heat, add the parsley, lemon zest, lemon juice, lemon slices, and red pepper flakes.
- Toss to combine.
- When the pasta is done, drain the cooked linguine and then put it back in the pot. Immediately add the shrimp and sauce, toss well, and serve.
NotesI got this recipe from the Barefoot Contessa show. I add spinach and thinly sliced carrots to pack in more vitamins. It is so good!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Italy or Bust
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and Appetisers
Rainbows Of Vegan LoveSee More
Almond or Oat Milk
Roasted Rack Of Lamb Persillade
Nathan M’s German Apple Pancakes, modified from Emeril's “There’s a Chef in My World” Cook bookSee More