- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- 1 lb Linguine
- 4 oz butter
- 1 Shallot, diced
- 4 oz prosciutto, diced
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Egg yolk
- 4 oz Grana Padano cheese, freshly grated (This is good with Asiago as well)
- 3 TB heavy cream
- Kosher salt and pepper
- pasta according to package directions
- In a medium fry pan on medium heat, add 2 oz butter.
- When the butter foams add the shallot and prosciutto and saute until the shallot is soft.
- Remove from skillet and set aside
- In a small bowl, beat the eggs, 2 oz of the Parmegiano-Reggiano cheese, and the cream
- Add the rest of the butter to your skillet.
- When the butter begins to foam, add the egg mix and either toss quickly or use a whisk to prevent curdle.
- Add the sauteed prosciutto, salt and pepper.
- Pour over warm linguine sprinkle tossing briskly.
- Serve Immediately with remaining 2 oz of shredded Grana Padano
NotesNamed for Pope Pius XII. Similar in idea, to Pasta alla Carbonara. Quite delicious. Carefull with the salt though, the prosciutto and Grana are pretty salty already.