- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- 1 lb Linguine
- 4 oz butter
- 1 Shallot, diced
- 4 oz prosciutto, diced
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Egg yolk
- 4 oz Grana Padano cheese, freshly grated (This is good with Asiago as well)
- 3 TB heavy cream
- Kosher salt and pepper
- pasta according to package directions
- In a medium fry pan on medium heat, add 2 oz butter.
- When the butter foams add the shallot and prosciutto and saute until the shallot is soft.
- Remove from skillet and set aside
- In a small bowl, beat the eggs, 2 oz of the Parmegiano-Reggiano cheese, and the cream
- Add the rest of the butter to your skillet.
- When the butter begins to foam, add the egg mix and either toss quickly or use a whisk to prevent curdle.
- Add the sauteed prosciutto, salt and pepper.
- Pour over warm linguine sprinkle tossing briskly.
- Serve Immediately with remaining 2 oz of shredded Grana Padano
NotesNamed for Pope Pius XII. Similar in idea, to Pasta alla Carbonara. Quite delicious. Carefull with the salt though, the prosciutto and Grana are pretty salty already.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Secret Life of Bees: Cooking Your Way Through College
The Best of Brock: Celebrating 85 Years of Cooking
Healthy Blender Recipes: Vegan Drinks, Shakes & SmoothiesSee More
Super-Simple Snickers Pies
Cilantro Pork Tamales
PUmpkin Carrot Swirl BarsSee More