- Cooking Time: 5 to 7
- Preparation Time:
- 1 lb linguine
- 3 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Minced garlic, added to taste
- 14.5 oz can recipe-ready diced tomatoes
- 1 c dry white wine
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- Kosher salt
- 20 littleneck clams, rinsed
- 1-2 cans chopped clams, drained
- Cook linguine according to the package directions. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a medium skillet over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds, stirring. Add the tomatoes, wine, red pepper, and 3/4 tsp salt and bring to a boil.
- Add the clams, cover, and cook until they open (5-7 minutes).
- Discard any unopened clams.
- After draining the linguine, return it to the pot and stir in the clams and sauce.
- Divide among individual bowls and top with chopped parsley if desired.
NotesI adapted this from a recipe I found in Real Simple. It was my first attempt at cooking clams in their shells, and I must say it turned out well!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Driscoll's Berry Desserts
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
Paul's Food World Volume 1See More
Apricot Glazed Chicken Breasts
Blueberry Light MuffinsSee More