- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 8 servings
- Preparation Time: 5 minutes
- 4 Large Ripe tomatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1/2 pound of brie cheese, cubed
- 1 cup chopped fresh basil leaves (do not use dry)
- 1 clove of garlic, minced (or according to your taste)
- 1 cup good quality extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. each salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds linguine, cooked “al dente” (I use angel hair)
- 1/3 cup fresh grated Parm or Locatelli cheese
- In a large bowl combine tomatoes , brie, basil, garlic, olive oil and salt and pepper. Mix well and let stand at room temperature at least 24 hours.
- Cook pasta and drain. Return to pot and toss with the tomato mixture and grated cheese. Serve immediately. Makes about 8 servings.
- This is a nice summertime dish when the tomatoes are wonderful.
NotesWhen the summer tomatoes are plentiful, there is no better dish than this one to satisfy a hearty appetite. This dish can be prepared in the morning and the only cooking that has to be done is the cooking of the pasta. Serve with plenty of Italian bread and a nice bottle of wine. It would be smart to grow a basil plant or two at the beginning of the season. In that way, you would always have fresh
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Healthy Blender Recipes: Vegan Drinks, Shakes & Smoothies
Adventures in Cooking
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!See More
Cancun Grilled Chicken Tacos with Citrus Chile Marinade
Perfect baked potatoSee More