LINGUINE WITH KALAMATA OLIVES & SUN DRIED TOMATO
Linguine with Kalamata Olives & Sun Dried Tomato
- Cooking Time: 10-15 minutes
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 10-15 minutes
- 1 lb. Linguine
- 1/2 c. MEZZETTA Extra Virgin Olive Oil (I used a little less)
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp. hot pepper flakes (I added 1/2 tsp.)
- 1/2 Cup Red Onion, chopped
- 1/2 Red Bell Pepper, chopped
- 1/2 Green Bell Pepper, chopped
- 2 medium ripe tomatoes, chopped (I used 6 Roma tomatoes)
- 1/2 c. pitted MEZZETTA Calamata olives, chopped
- 1/4 cup MEZZETTA Sun Dried Tomatoes
- 1 tsp. salt (did not nead this much salt, olives are salty)
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/4 c. fresh basil, chopped
- 1/2 c. feta cheese
I soaked my chopped sun dried tomatoes in olive oil (enough to just oil them up) for a 1/2 hour before cooking time.
In 1 large pot of boiling, salted water cook linguine for 8 to 10 minutes or until tender but firm drain well.
Meanwhile, in large skillet, heat half of the oil over medium heat cook garlic, hot pepper flakes, onion, & both peppers for 4 minutes.
Add fresh tomato and cook for additional for 3 to 4 minutes or until heated through.
Add sun dried tomatoes, olives & basil and heat through.
Spoon enough over pasta.
Top with crumbled feta cheese.