- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- 320 g linguine
- 3 zucchini
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- 100 ml dry white wine
- a package of saffron (0,1 g)
- 1 orange
- Extra vergin olive oil
- salt, pepper
- Wash and dry zucchini. Slice them thinly lenghtwise, best with a mandoline.
- Melt saffron in wine, add 2 tablespoons of EVOO, finely grated orange zest, salt and pepper to your taste.
- Put the sliced zucchini into a ziplock bag and pour in the saffron marinade. Leave the zucchini infused in the marinade for 30 minutes, turning the bag often.
- Remove the zucchini from the marinade and filter the liquid into a small saucepan.
- Grill the zucchini in a grilling pan, and place them in a skillet you will use later to toss the pasta.
- Bring the marinade to a boil and let it simmer until it's reduced by half.
- Peel the tomatoes, cut them into wedges, remove seeds and add to the skillet with zucchini.
- Cook linguine in salty water until al dente, drain them and add to the skillet with zucchini and tomatoes. Add the wine and saffron reduction and toss the pasta.
- I added a tablespoon of oil, too because it seemed a bit dry. Serve and enjoy.
NotesIt's a healthy, light dish. Flavoured and scented with saffron and orange zest.
MetroCooking DC 2013
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at Pesah
It's all about that proteinSee More
Gluten Free Gingerbread Cupcake with Browned Butter Butter Cream Frosting
Cinnamon Blueberry Crumble
Mrs. Jackson’s Grits – “Selma”See More