- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- 320 g linguine
- 3 zucchini
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- 100 ml dry white wine
- a package of saffron (0,1 g)
- 1 orange
- Extra vergin olive oil
- salt, pepper
- Wash and dry zucchini. Slice them thinly lenghtwise, best with a mandoline.
- Melt saffron in wine, add 2 tablespoons of EVOO, finely grated orange zest, salt and pepper to your taste.
- Put the sliced zucchini into a ziplock bag and pour in the saffron marinade. Leave the zucchini infused in the marinade for 30 minutes, turning the bag often.
- Remove the zucchini from the marinade and filter the liquid into a small saucepan.
- Grill the zucchini in a grilling pan, and place them in a skillet you will use later to toss the pasta.
- Bring the marinade to a boil and let it simmer until it's reduced by half.
- Peel the tomatoes, cut them into wedges, remove seeds and add to the skillet with zucchini.
- Cook linguine in salty water until al dente, drain them and add to the skillet with zucchini and tomatoes. Add the wine and saffron reduction and toss the pasta.
- I added a tablespoon of oil, too because it seemed a bit dry. Serve and enjoy.
NotesIt's a healthy, light dish. Flavoured and scented with saffron and orange zest.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry 2013
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry!
Short & SweetSee More
Thigh and Drumstick Cacciatore
Grilled Chicken and Orange Skewers
Chocolate PavlovaSee More