- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryWhen the tomatoes and basil are fresh out of the garden, this is my favorite recipe.
from the Silver Palate Cookbook
- 5 large ripe tomatoes, cut into 1/2" pieces
- 1 pound Brie, rind removed, torn into small irregular pieces
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves, cut into thin strips
- 3 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- several pinches of crushed red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds linguine.
- Combine the first 8 ingredients in a serving bowl large enough to hold the cooked pasta and sauce. Stir gently to combine. Set aside at room temperature for at least two hours.
- Cook the the linguine in salted water until al dente. Drain and add to the tomato mixture. Toss gently to distribute the sauce. Serve immediately.