LINGUINE WTIH CILANTRO PESTO
- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time:
- 3 garlic cloves
- 3/4 cup packed fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup packed fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup finely grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 12 ounces dried linguine, cooked
- and drained
- 1. Place garlic in a food processor, pulse to chop. Add cilantro, parsley, oil, cheese, walnuts, lemon juice, salt and pepper; process until a paste forms. Toss with warm pasta.
- Serves 6.
- Recipe by Bruce Weinstein and Mark Scarbrough, "Relish a new American farmer," July 2007.
- Nutritional Information
- Per serving: 430 calories, 25g fat, 10g prot., 43g carbs., 3g fiber, 230mg sodium.
NotesFor when you want a taste of summer when its chilly outside. I first made this recipe this summer using my fresh garden herbs, including Thai basil and parsley. Most of my herbs are dying out now, but I can always find fresh cilantro for cheap at the grocery store anytime of the year..
Recipe by Bruce Weinstein and Mark Scarbrough, "Relish a new American farmer," July 2007.
Per serving: 430 calories, 25g fat, 10g prot., 43g carbs., 3g fiber, 230mg sodium.