- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 2
- Preparation Time:
- 4 oz. linguini or spaghetti (I use whole wheat)
- 1/2 lb. shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 8 asparagus spears, cut into 1 or 2" pieces
- parsley to taste
- parmesan or romano cheese, to taste/garnish
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Toss asparagus and tomatoes with 1.5 teaspoon olive oil an salt and pepper.
- Roast in oven about 12 minutes.
- Cook spaghetti in salted, boiling water.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining 1.5 teaspoons of olive oil in a large skillet over a medium-high flame.
- Add the garlic and saute for 1 minute.
- Add the shrimp and cook for 3 to 4 minutes, until the shrimp turn pink.
- Remove the shrimp from the pan and set aside.
- Add the lemon juice, white wine, and the chicken broth to the skillet.
- Let simmer until the liquid is reduced by about half.
- Stir in butter and melt.
- Return the shrimp to the pan and stir in the parsley.
- Add the drained linguini to the shrimp mixture, tossing to combine. Add asparagus and tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Top with cheese.
NotesThis is a take on a dish I saw Ellie Krieger prepare on the Food Network.
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy Blog
Desperate Housewives: Juicy Dishes & Saucy BitesSee More
Grilled Chicken and Orange Skewers with Zucchini Rice
Endive Rhubarb Salad
COTTAGE CHEESE BRUNCH BLINTZESSee More