- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 2
- Preparation Time:
- 4 oz. linguini or spaghetti (I use whole wheat)
- 1/2 lb. shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 8 asparagus spears, cut into 1 or 2" pieces
- parsley to taste
- parmesan or romano cheese, to taste/garnish
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Toss asparagus and tomatoes with 1.5 teaspoon olive oil an salt and pepper.
- Roast in oven about 12 minutes.
- Cook spaghetti in salted, boiling water.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining 1.5 teaspoons of olive oil in a large skillet over a medium-high flame.
- Add the garlic and saute for 1 minute.
- Add the shrimp and cook for 3 to 4 minutes, until the shrimp turn pink.
- Remove the shrimp from the pan and set aside.
- Add the lemon juice, white wine, and the chicken broth to the skillet.
- Let simmer until the liquid is reduced by about half.
- Stir in butter and melt.
- Return the shrimp to the pan and stir in the parsley.
- Add the drained linguini to the shrimp mixture, tossing to combine. Add asparagus and tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Top with cheese.
NotesThis is a take on a dish I saw Ellie Krieger prepare on the Food Network.
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
Mrs. Claus Cooks for Holiday Entertaining
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or PartySee More
Chicken and onion kabobs
Easy Sunday Pot Roast
Shrimp Nachos with Avocado-Corn RelishSee More