LITE AND LUSCIOUS CHEESECAKE
- Servings: 8
- 14 squares low-fat honey grahams, crushed - about 1 cup
- 3/4 cup sugar, divided
- 3 teaspoons margarine or butter, melted
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 2 pkgs. (8 oz. each) fat-free cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
Mix crumbs, 1/4 cup of the sugar and margarine in small bowl. Press on bottom and side of 9-inch pie plate. Bake at 350ºF for 5 minutes; cool.
Sprinkle gelatin over milk in small saucepan; let stand 1 minute. Stir on low heat until gelatin is completely dissolved, about 3 minutes. Cool slightly. Blend cream cheese and remaining 1/2 cup sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Add vanilla and lemon peel. Gradually blend in gelatin mixture on low speed until well blended. Pour into prepared crust. Refrigerate 2 to 3 hours or until firm. Garnish with strawberry slices before serving, if desired.