Little Debbie Oatmeal Creme Pie Knock-off
For the Cookies:
1 cup butter
3/4 cup dark brown sugar (I used light because that’s all I had)
1/2 cup sugar
1 Tbs molasses
1 tsp vanilla
1-1/2 cups flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1/8 tsp cinnamon
1-1/2 cups oats
For the creme filling:
2 tsp very hot water
1/4 tsp salt
1 (7 oz) jar marshmallow creme
1/2 cup shortening
1/3 cup powdered sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla
1. In large bowl cream butter, sugars, molasses, vanilla, and eggs.
2. Combine flour, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon in a separate bowl.
3. Add to the creamed mixture; mix in oats.
4. Drop dough by Tbs on ungreased cookie sheet.
5. Bake at preheated 350 degree oven for 10-12 minutes, or until just brown around the edges. The center won’t look quite done, but that’s okay.
6. While the cookies bake, prepare the filling.
7. In a small bowl, dissolve the salt in the hot water and allow to cool.
8. Combine marshmallow creme, powdered sugar, shortening, and vanilla and mix on high until fluffy.
9. Add the cooled salt water and mix well.
10. When cookies are cooled, spread the filling on the flat side of a cookie and sandwich it with another. (I put the creme filling in a plastic bag and piped it on the cookie instead of spreading it with a knife.)
Pairs Well With
I grew up eating Little Debbies, so naturally I wanted to recreate them.
This recipe was very good. Didn't taste exactly like Little Debbie Cremem Pies, but delicious nonetheless.