- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThis recipe was first mentionned in a letter describing: A Macedonian wedding in ca 300 B.C.
Origine The kitchen of Odysseus
Cookbook of Oxyrhynchus
Cut good liver in pieces and marinate in oil with salt-koriander-thyme-silphium-opos-vinegar gril on a spit at high temperature.
- For 2 persons 300 gr lamb liver
- 2 tbs olive oil (30 ml)
- 2 tbs red whine vinigar (30 ml)
- 1 c fresh koriander chopped
- 2 ts dried thyme
- 1 ts salt
- 1 ts pepper
- Clean liver of tendons and bloods vessels, cut in 1 cm slices and marinate overnight in the rest of the ingredients.
- Put aluminium folie in a grillpan and put on the slices liver with a little of the marinade, grill on each side ca 3-4 min on high teperature.
- Serve with the grill juice and bread with a green salad