- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/4 cup reduced-calorie margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup unpacked brown sugar
- 1 large egg(s)
- 2 large egg yolk(s)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 Tbsp fat-free skim milk
- 2 tsp almond extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp table salt
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- 4 large egg white(s), at room temperature
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup jam, seedless, raspberry
- 1.Heat oven to 375ºF.
- Lightly coat a 9- x 13-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- 2.Cream margarine in a medium bowl.
- Add brown sugar, beating well.
- Add next eight ingredients; mix well.
- 3.Spread batter evenly into pan (batter will be thin in pan).
- Bake until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- 4.Meanwhile, using an electric mixer, beat egg whites in a large bowl at high speed until foamy.
- Add lemon juice; continue beating until soft peaks form.
- Gradually add sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating until stiff peaks form; set aside.
- 5.Spread jam over hot crust and then spread egg whites carefully over jam; bake until meringue is golden brown, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely before cutting into 20 bars.
NotesRecipe by Weight Watchers
This delicate, sponge-cake-like cookie is covered with a layer of raspberry jam and topped with a layer of slightly sweetened meringue that turns golden-brown as it cooks.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Second Grade Holiday Cookbook
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie Challenge
The Naked MacaronSee More
Delicious Fudgy Black Bean Brownies
Steamed vegetables saladSee More