- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 scallions, trimmed, and cut crosswise into 1/2-inch thick pieces
- 1 1/2 cups sliced cabbage
- 1/4 cup sliced celery
- 1/4 cup bean sprouts
- 1/4 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch, dissolved in 1 tablespoon cold water
- Red pepper flakes, to taste
- 1/4 pound cooked vermicelli noodles
- In a large heavy skillet heat the vegetable oil until it is hot but not smoking and in it stir-fry the scallions, cabbage, celery and bean sprouts for 3 minutes, or until the cabbage is wilted.
- Add the sugar, broth, soy sauce, and sesame oil and simmer the mixture, covered, for 3 minutes. Stir the cornstarch mixture, stir it into the vegetable mixture, and bring the liquid to a boil.
- Season to taste with red pepper flakes, if desired.
- Add noodles and stir fry for about 3 minutes.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Baby Food: Baby's First Solid Foods
KITCHEN CAUCUS Conservative Creations
Growers' Giveback PotluckSee More
Thigh and Drumstick Cacciatore
Grilled Chicken and Orange Skewers
Chocolate PavlovaSee More