- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- 1 lb. baking potatoes, cut into cubes (about 3 cups)
- 1 can (14-1/2 oz.) fat-free reduced-sodium chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1 cup milk
- 3 slices bacon, cooked, crumbled and divided
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 TBSP diced yellow onions
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- *Combine broth, potatoes and milk. Cook on low-medium for one hour.
- *Add 1/4 cup sour cream, stir and cook for 5 minutes.
- *Reserve 2 TBSP of the bacon and cheese, and 1 TBSP of the onions for topping; set aside. Add remaining bacon, cheese and onions to soup.
- *Serve topped with reserved bacon, cheese and onions.
- Makes 4 servings (1 cup each)
NotesThis soup is great to serve on Superbowl Sunday, or for any fall/winter gathering.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
From Granny's Kitchen...With Love!
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community CookbookSee More
Pineapple-Black Bean Enchiladas
Mascarpone Brownies With Honey Chocolate Sauce
Chicken RollupsSee More