- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 9 baking potatoes
- 2/3 c. butter
- 2/3 c. all-purpose flour
- 6 c. whole milk
- 1/2 Tbsp salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 c. bacon bits, divided
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 10 oz. shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1-8 oz. container sour cream
- Poke potatoes with a fork and cook in the microwave, 3 or 4 at a time, and scoop out the flesh (while the others are cooking).
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Stir in flour and cook about a minute. Whisk in milk, a little at a time, stirring constantly until thickened. Stir in potatoes, salt, pepper, 1/3 c. bacon bits, 2 Tbsp green onions and most of the cheese. Cook until thoroughly heated. Stir in sour cream and heat through. Serve topped with remaining bacon, onions and cheese.
NotesI got this recipe from a fellow Nestie, and wanted to post it here so I wouldn't lose it before I got a chance to try it!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can EnjoySee More
Cocktail (The V)
Angel Acres Feel Better Chicken Noodle Soup
Twisted Shirley TempleSee More