- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 9 baking potatoes
- 2/3 c. butter
- 2/3 c. all-purpose flour
- 6 c. whole milk
- 1/2 Tbsp salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 c. bacon bits, divided
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 10 oz. shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1-8 oz. container sour cream
- Poke potatoes with a fork and cook in the microwave, 3 or 4 at a time, and scoop out the flesh (while the others are cooking).
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Stir in flour and cook about a minute. Whisk in milk, a little at a time, stirring constantly until thickened. Stir in potatoes, salt, pepper, 1/3 c. bacon bits, 2 Tbsp green onions and most of the cheese. Cook until thoroughly heated. Stir in sour cream and heat through. Serve topped with remaining bacon, onions and cheese.
NotesI got this recipe from a fellow Nestie, and wanted to post it here so I wouldn't lose it before I got a chance to try it!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and Cakes
Family and Friends Starter CookBook
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!See More
Prickly Pear Margarita
Creamy Candy Bar Dessert
Hector's HurricanesSee More