- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 package pasta of your choice
- olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves sliced thinly
- 1 green chili pepper sliced thinly
- 1 white onion chopped finely
- 1 leek thinly sliced
- 1 small box of fresh mushrooms cut in boats
- 1 pound frozen lobster without the shell
- 1 cup half and half (or cooking cream as it is called in Iceland)
- ca 150g cream cheese with black pepper or with mixed herbs
- some white wine
- salt or chicken stock
- black pepper freshly ground
- some cayenne pepper
- Thaw the lobster and cook the pasta. Fry the onion in a pan til glazed. Add mushrooms and fry til the mushrooms have shrunk. Then add the cream, cream cheese salt and pepper. When it has come to a boil add the lobster. The juice from the lobster package may also be added.
- When it starts boiling again, let simmer for 2 minutes or til the lobster is ready. Very important not to let it cook for too long.
- Taste with some white wine, salt, pepper and cayenne!
- Serve with freshly cooked pasta of your choice.
- I think Tagliatelle would be great with it!
- Enjoy with a great Riesling if you like :)
NotesThis recipie is from an Icelandic News Paper given by an Icelandic lady living in LA at the time.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Growers' Giveback PotluckSee More
Chinese Chicken Salad
Cheese Garlic Rolls
Mushroom GravySee More