- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 package pasta of your choice
- olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves sliced thinly
- 1 green chili pepper sliced thinly
- 1 white onion chopped finely
- 1 leek thinly sliced
- 1 small box of fresh mushrooms cut in boats
- 1 pound frozen lobster without the shell
- 1 cup half and half (or cooking cream as it is called in Iceland)
- ca 150g cream cheese with black pepper or with mixed herbs
- some white wine
- salt or chicken stock
- black pepper freshly ground
- some cayenne pepper
- Thaw the lobster and cook the pasta. Fry the onion in a pan til glazed. Add mushrooms and fry til the mushrooms have shrunk. Then add the cream, cream cheese salt and pepper. When it has come to a boil add the lobster. The juice from the lobster package may also be added.
- When it starts boiling again, let simmer for 2 minutes or til the lobster is ready. Very important not to let it cook for too long.
- Taste with some white wine, salt, pepper and cayenne!
- Serve with freshly cooked pasta of your choice.
- I think Tagliatelle would be great with it!
- Enjoy with a great Riesling if you like :)
NotesThis recipie is from an Icelandic News Paper given by an Icelandic lady living in LA at the time.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie Treats
The Social CookbookSee More
Hot Artichoke Dip
Lemon Streusel MuffinsSee More