- Cooking Time: 20
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 55
- 2 680 g whole live lobsters
- Sea salt
- 1 celery stalk, very finely diced
- 6 tablespoons Wafu® Sesame Mayonaizu® Japanese mayo
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 hot dog buns
- 4 Boston lettuce leaves
- Fill a large stockpot half full of water. Add sea salt.
- On high heat, bring water to a boil then add lobsters head first into the pot. (Lobsters must be alive when immersed into the boiling water.)
- Cover pot with a lid and return to boil. Reduce heat to medium and cook lobsters for 17 minutes, or until the shells turn dark red.
- Remove lobsters from water and drain. Let cool for 10 minutes.
- Using your hands, separate the lobster tail from the body. Twist and remove the claws. Discard the head and body. Using a fork, gently remove the meat from the tail, legs and claws in one piece. Use a pincer for the smaller pieces in the claws.
- Chop the lobster meat into large pieces and place in a bowl. Mix in the celery and sesame mayo. Season with pepper, if desired. Stir well to ensure that all the meat is coated.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Lightly toast the hot dog buns. Place a lettuce leaf in each bun. Divide the lobster salad between the buns and serve immediately.
NotesA traditional lobster roll filled with the nuttiness of Japanese mayo. It’s the only way to roll!