- Cooking Time: 20
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 55
BackstoryA traditional lobster roll filled with the nuttiness of Japanese mayo. It’s the only way to roll!
- 2 680 g whole live lobsters
- Sea salt
- 1 celery stalk, very finely diced
- 6 tablespoons Wafu® Sesame Mayonaizu® Japanese mayo
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 hot dog buns
- 4 Boston lettuce leaves
- Fill a large stockpot half full of water. Add sea salt.
- On high heat, bring water to a boil then add lobsters head first into the pot. (Lobsters must be alive when immersed into the boiling water.)
- Cover pot with a lid and return to boil. Reduce heat to medium and cook lobsters for 17 minutes, or until the shells turn dark red.
- Remove lobsters from water and drain. Let cool for 10 minutes.
- Using your hands, separate the lobster tail from the body. Twist and remove the claws. Discard the head and body. Using a fork, gently remove the meat from the tail, legs and claws in one piece. Use a pincer for the smaller pieces in the claws.
- Chop the lobster meat into large pieces and place in a bowl. Mix in the celery and sesame mayo. Season with pepper, if desired. Stir well to ensure that all the meat is coated.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Lightly toast the hot dog buns. Place a lettuce leaf in each bun. Divide the lobster salad between the buns and serve immediately.