- Cooking Time: 25
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 20
- 2 live lobsters (1½ pounds each)
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 4 ounces mesclun salad
- ¼ cup shallots, chopped
- ¼ cup chives, chopped
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Japanese plum paste
- 1 tablespoon apple vinegar
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 lime, juiced
- Pinch of salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- Fill a large stockpot half full of water. Add sea salt and lemon slices.
- On high heat, bring water to a boil then add lobsters head first into the pot. (Lobsters must be alive when immersed into the boiling water.)
- Cover pot with a lid and return to boil. Reduce heat to medium and cook lobsters for 17 minutes, or until the shells turn dark red.
- Remove lobsters from water and drain. Let cool for 10 minutes.
- In a salad bowl, mix the mesclun salad, shallots and chives.
- In a small bowl, prepare the vinaigrette by whisking together the oil, plum paste, vinegar, lemon and lime juice, pinch of salt and pepper to taste.
- Place lobsters on a cutting board, belly up. Using a large knife cut the lobster tails lengthwise. Remove the claw and tail meat from the shells and cut into slices.
- Add the sliced lobster meat to the salad mixture. Drizzle with the vinaigrette and toss.
- Serve immediately.
NotesFresh steamed lobster tossed with healthy greens and a tangy dressing.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law Libraries
Watt's Cooking in PA?See More
Almond or Oat Milk
Roasted Rack Of Lamb Persillade
Nathan M’s German Apple Pancakes, modified from Emeril's “There’s a Chef in My World” Cook bookSee More