- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 large frozen lobster tail, 1# - 1.5#, thaw
- 1 pkg of imitation crab meat, sticks – rough chop
- 2T of olive oil
- 1/2 cup of leeks, julienne
- 1/2 cup of red peppers, small dice
- 2T of shallots, minced
- 1T garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup of green onions, chopped
- Herb water from steamed lobster
- 3/4 cup of Gruyere cheese, shredded
- Lemon, 1 each
- Flour tortilla – 6”
- 2T Thyme
- 2T Sage
- Canola Oil for frying
- Garnishes: Cilantro oil, aged balsamic
- In sauté pan, fill with 1/2 inch of water. Add lemons, fresh herbs. Bring to boil. Place lobster tail in pan and cover. Steam for 6 – 7 minutes.
- Remove tail and cool. Save lobster water
- When lobster is cooled, remove from shell and cut meat into small pieces. Set aside
- In another sauté pan, add olive oil. Heat pan
- Add leeks, shallots, garlic, green onions, and peppers.
- Cook for 10 minutes. Add a little bit of the lobster water to deglaze.
- Keep adding a little bit of the water several times. Cook until mixture is dry. Cook for 20 minutes on medium heat
- Put into bowl to cool.
- Add cooked lobster meat and crab meat.
- Add cheese, herbs and salt and pepper.
- Incorporate all together.
- Take flour tortillas and put 2 1/2T of mixture on edge and roll up like a burrito. Seal edges with egg wash mixture.
- Place rolls in freeze for 3 – 4 hours or overnight.
- Take out of the fridge.
- In sauté pan, heat 1/2" of canola oil to 365 degrees.
- Fry until golden brown. Drain on paper towels when coming out of the oil. Season with salt.
- Place on baking sheet and finish baking in oven for 10 minutes on 375 degrees
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten-Free and Delicious
Basic Blends: Healthy Juicing Recipes
I'm Making Cookies! with Douglas E. WelchSee More
Chicken Cordon Bleu
Fudgy Caramel DelightSee More