- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4 servings
- Preparation Time:
- Hamburger Patties:
- 2 pounds Ground Beef
- 1/2 cup grated onions
- salt/pepper to taste
- 2 cans good beef broth
- flour for thickening
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce
- 8 eggs
- 1 1/2 cup medium grain white rice, cooked
- 1. Gently mix the hamburger, grated onions and salt/pepper. Form 4 big patties.
- 2. Heat frying pan until very hot.
- 3. Place hamburger patties on the pan/grill and let sear just until juices start appearing on the top. Flip over and cook for a couple more minutes. You will want the burger slightly charred but still tender on the inside.
- 4. Place burgers on the side.
- 1. Pour a little broth into the same pan and incorporate the yumyums, then pour in the rest of the broth.
- 2. Bring to a boil and let reduce for about 3-5 minutes or so, depending on taste, for a more potent gravy.
- 3. Turn down heat to a simmer.
- 4. Add worcestershire sauce.
- 5. In a separate bowl, mix flour with some water.
- 6. Using a whisk, slowly whisk in the flour/water mixture until gravy is nicely thick & smooth.
- 7. Turn off heat and mix in the butter until well blended.
- Traditionally, the eggs should be sunny-side up. The secret to a good fried egg is to fry the egg slowly on low heat until it’s cooked… just don’t overcook it! It also helps to have the eggs thawed to room temperature before cooking them.
- Use regular medium grain white rice… like 3 scoops worth per plate.
NotesLoco Moco is not served at Luaus, but restaurants in Hawaii who specialize in local food have Loco Moco on their menu. The first time I had Loco Moco (Kathie doesn't eat eggs) for breafast was at our favorite local restaurant in Maui called Chum's.
Here’s an easy way to make a quick and yummy loco moco, the classic Hawaiian soul food consisting of 4 components: hamburger patty, rice, egg, and brown gravy.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and Cakes
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at PesahSee More
Coca-Cola Biscuits from Southern Biscuits Cookbook
Summer Stone Sangria
Beef & Broccoli over Hong Kong Pan Fried NoodlesSee More