- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 lbs/1kg squash, pumpkin or sweet potato peeled and cut into 1 in/2.5 cm chunks. I've never found American store bought pumpkin to be very tasty, but sweet potatoes work great!
- 1/2 c water/ 120 ml (usually use more as needed)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 c frozen corn (can use cobs)
- 1 lb/ 450 g potatoes, cut into cubes and parboiled
- 1/2 c frozen lima beans
- 1/2 c peas
- 1 c feta
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- oil, S&P
- 1. Put the water into a pan w/ the squash and bring it to boil; cook until it begins to soften.
- 2. While that is happening, heat the oil in another pan and saute the onion, garlic, tomato, oregano and salt and pepper. Put this mixture into the squash and combine well.
- 3. Add the corn, potatoes and beans. Let them cook gently 10 min or so, then add the peas.
- 4. When the corn is cooked, crumble the cheese and add. Heat through and stir. Serve with parsley on top.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Secret of the Wings Cookbook
Classic Chocolate Recipes
The Lizz Delicious Cookbook Vol. 1See More
pistachio cranberry icebox cookies
Teeny Tiny Italian Meat-loaves
Mom's Holiday Stove Top StuffingSee More