- Cooking Time: 45
- Servings: 36
- Preparation Time: 15
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups rolled oats
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup raisins
- 2/3 cup sunflower seeds
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F Grease two 9 inch square baking pans.
- In a large bowl, stir together the whole wheat flour, white flour, oats, brown sugar, baking powder, and salt. In a separate bowl, stir together the eggs, honey, molasses, applesauce, and vegetable oil. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, and stir until well blended. Mix in the raisins and sunflower seeds. Divide the batter evenly between the two pans.
- Bake for 45 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the top springs back when lightly pressed. Let the bread cool in the pans for at least 10 minutes before cutting into squares or bars. Wrap pieces individually, and refrigerate or freeze.
NotesThis delicious quick bread is named after Mount Logan in the Yukon. It is dense and chock-full of nutrients, perfect for hiking or camping. Vary the recipe according to what's in the cupboard! Any type of dried fruit or nuts may be substituted for the ones in the recipe
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Super Scrumptious Cookie Recipes!
A Falcon Feast
Special SmoothiesSee More
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownies
Peanut Butter Chocolate and Banana Chip Cookies
NO-BAKE CHEESECAKE PETIT FOURSSee More