- Cooking Time: 60
- Servings: 16
- Preparation Time: 10
- 4 or 5 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/3 cup unsalted melted butter
- 3/4 to 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 350°F degrees. Using your favorite wooden spoon mix the melted butter into the mashed bananas in a large glass mixing bowl. Then mix in the sugar, egg, and vanilla. Add the baking soda and salt last to you bowl mix well but do not over mix. No longer than 2 or minutes. Add the flour and mix. Add the chopped walnuts last and fold them into the batter.
- Pour mixture into a greased 4×8 inch loaf pan. Bake for 1 hour. Cool on a wire rack before slicing
- Serve with honey butter with your favorite hot tea or coffee.
NotesYou can just mix this recipe up without using a mixer. I used an old fashioned potato masher to mash the ripened bananas first. Then I mix the rest of the recipe with a large wooden spoon.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Breads and Pastry 101
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can Enjoy
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. WelchSee More
Whey Bean Salad
Boo CupsSee More