- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryYou know, I haven't been a big fan of flank steak because it can be kind of tough but our local grocery store had a great sale on flank steak and I had to buy one! DH and I decided to use our under-used meat mallet and make it a thinner steak and boy oh boy, that was the trick to the perfect meal and needless to say, I am a BIG fan of it now! Flank Steak is definitely going to be on the menu more often!
The marinade is very, very tasty and smells great too! The aroma coming into the house from the outside grill was out of this world! I couldn't wait to eat! I want to add that this marinade would be great on any steak, our favorite being ribeyes, and chicken!
You will need to marinate this overnight!
- 2 pounds flank steak (1/2 inch thick after using meat mallet)
- 1/2 cup Zesty Italian Salad Dressing
- 1 tablespoon sesame chili oil (or regular chili oil)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger powder (or fresh)
- In a large ziplock baggie combine salad dressing, chili oil, brown sugar, soy sauce, red pepper flakes and ginger.
- Lay steak between 2 pieces of plastic wrap and using a meat mallet pound steak until it is 1/2 thick.
- With a sharp knife, slice steak on both sides making sure not to slice all the way thru the steak. You just want to make slits, slicing against the grain.
- Place steak in ziplock baggie and coat steak well. Marinate overnight.
- Grill on medium high heat 5-6 minutes per side, flipping once.
- Served with Fried Rice.