- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/3 cup dry red wine
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons cherry preserves
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 pounds London broil, trimmed
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped shallots
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons butter
- Whisk wine, vinegar, cherry preserves, garlic, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Place meat in a shallow glass dish.
- Pour the marinade over the meat and turn to coat.
- Cover and marinate in the refrigerator, turning several times, for at least 20 minutes or up to 8 hours.
- Remove the meat from the marinade.
- Pour the marinade into a small saucepan; add shallot and set aside.
- Brush a ridged grill pan or heavy skillet with oil; heat over medium-high heat.
- Add the meat and cook for 10 to 12 minutes per side for medium-rare, depending on thickness, or until it reaches desired doneness. (It may appear that the meat is burning but don't worry, it will form a pleasant crust.)
- Transfer the meat to a cutting board; let rest for 5 minutes.
- While the meat is cooking, bring the marinade to a boil; cook over medium-high heat for 5 to 7 minutes, or until it is reduced to about 1/2 cup.
- Remove from the heat; add butter and whisk until melted.
- Slice the meat thinly against the grain. Add any juices on the cutting board to the sauce. Serve the meat with the sauce.
- Yield: 6 servings
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Christmas Dinner Cookbook!
YummyMix.com's Blended Drink Recipes
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie ChallengeSee More
Sauteed Spinach with Garlic: Julie & Julia
Red Cabbage and Apple Salad with Ginger Vinaigrette
Marly's Vegan Coconut CakeSee More