- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 12-18 inches lotus root, about 3-4 segments
- vegetable oil for frying
- coarse sea salt
- Heat 1-2 inches of oil in a pan to 300 degrees.
- While the oil is heating, trim rough ends off of each lotus root segment and peel off the skin of the lotus roots with a peeler.
- Thinly slice the lotus roots using a slicer (mandoline).
- Gently slide sliced root into the hot oil and separate with tongs.
- Chips are done when it turns slightly brown and is crunchy.
- When done, drain the chips on paper towels and salt generously while still warm.
NotesLotus root is low in saturated fat, and Cholesterol, and high in dietary fiber, vitamin C, Potassium, Thiamin, Riboflavin, Vitamin B6, Phosphorus, Copper and Manganese. This recipe is one of my daughter's favorite snack food dish.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
A Falcon Feast
Cooking with THE HOLMES SISTERS Volume 1 "As seen on 3ABN"
Angel Acres Super Scrumptious Cookie Recipes!See More
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownies
Peanut Butter Chocolate and Banana Chip Cookies
NO-BAKE CHEESECAKE PETIT FOURSSee More