- Cooking Time: 12 mintues
- Preparation Time:
- 8 oz. Cream Cheese (softened)
- 1 stick oleo
- 1 Tbls Mayonnaise (not salad dressing)
- 2 Tbls Parsley
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Salt
- 1/4 tsp Oregano
- 1 Loaf French Bread
- Sliced Green Olives (or salad olives)
- Parmesan Cheese
- Mix above ingredients with mixer until soft & smooth.
- Split loaf longwise and spread half of mixture on each side.
- Top with olives and parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 12 minutes at 400 degrees F.
NotesMy mother got the Lou’s Bread recipe when she worked for Southwestern Bell in Little Rock. A co-worker, Eva Golden, got it from a family friend named Lou. We have fixed it for most special occasions and larger gatherings since. It was originally intended to be served at Christmas because of the colors, but it was too good to have just once a year!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite Recipes
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy BlogSee More
Easy Graham Cracker Ginger Bread House
Pecan Almond MuffinsSee More