- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 slices bacon
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 small green pepper, sliced
- 1/8 tsp thyme leaves, crushed
- 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups diced cooked chicken (or turkey)
- cooked rice
- In skillet, cook bacon until crisp; remove and crumble.
- Cook onion and pepper with thyme in bacon drippings until tender.
- Stir in soup, water, and chicken.
- Heat; stir occasionally. Serve over rice.
- Garnish with bacon, makes about 3 cups.
NotesThis was a family favorite growing up whenever Mom would make it. We'd have it more often with turkey leftovers than chicken so it usually came around holiday time when the weather was colder.
My mom would easily double or even triple this recipe so we'd have plenty of leftovers but there never was enough bacon to go around. :)