- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 10- 12
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 pound fully cooked smoked sausage, halved and sliced
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 5 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (14 1/2 ounce) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cans (14 1/2 ounce) chicken broth
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1/3 cup water
- 4 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 pounds cooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
- In a dutch oven, saute sausage and ham in oil until lightly browned.
- Remove and keep warm.
- In the drippings, saute the celery, onion, green pepper, green ionions, and garlic until tender. Add tomatoes, thyme, salt, pepper, and cayenne; cook 5 minutes longer.
- Stir in broth, rice, water and Worcestershire sauce.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Stir in sausage mixture and shrimp;heat through. Serve immediately.
NotesThis is a recipe from my Aunt and Uncle in Louisiana! ENJOY!!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Growers' Giveback PotluckSee More
Chinese Chicken Salad
Cheese Garlic Rolls
Mushroom GravySee More