- Servings: 10- 12
- 1/2 pound fully cooked smoked sausage, halved and sliced
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 5 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (14 1/2 ounce) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cans (14 1/2 ounce) chicken broth
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1/3 cup water
- 4 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 pounds cooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
In a dutch oven, saute sausage and ham in oil until lightly browned.
Remove and keep warm.
In the drippings, saute the celery, onion, green pepper, green ionions, and garlic until tender. Add tomatoes, thyme, salt, pepper, and cayenne; cook 5 minutes longer.
Stir in broth, rice, water and Worcestershire sauce.
Bring to a boil.
Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until rice is tender.
Stir in sausage mixture and shrimp;heat through. Serve immediately.