- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 10- 12
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 pound fully cooked smoked sausage, halved and sliced
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 5 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (14 1/2 ounce) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cans (14 1/2 ounce) chicken broth
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1/3 cup water
- 4 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 pounds cooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
- In a dutch oven, saute sausage and ham in oil until lightly browned.
- Remove and keep warm.
- In the drippings, saute the celery, onion, green pepper, green ionions, and garlic until tender. Add tomatoes, thyme, salt, pepper, and cayenne; cook 5 minutes longer.
- Stir in broth, rice, water and Worcestershire sauce.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Stir in sausage mixture and shrimp;heat through. Serve immediately.
NotesThis is a recipe from my Aunt and Uncle in Louisiana! ENJOY!!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community Cookbook
MidLife Road Trip's
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSWSee More
Dark chocolate truffle tart with flax seeds
Khatta Meetha Karela
Roasted Butternut Squash SoupSee More