- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemon extract
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking power
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon peel
- Optional Addition: 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Lemon Glaze:1/4 cup lemon juice (freshly squeezed for zestier flavor)
- Lemon 1/2 cup sugar
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- 2Grease and flour a 9x5 inch loaf pan.
- 3In a large bowl, mix the butter with the sugar, lemon extract and eggs.
- 4In a separate bowl, sift the flour with the baking powder and salt.
- 5Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture, alternating flour mixture with the milk, stiring each addition just enough to blend. Fold in the lemon peel (and pecans).
- 6Pour the batter into the loaf pan and bake for 1 hour or until a wooden pick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- 7Use a spatula around the four sides to loosen the loaf from the pan. Remove loaf from the pan onto a cooling rack.
- 8Drizzle the lemon glaze over the top (Tip: Place rack over a piece of wax paper for easy clean up).
- 9Wrap the cooled loaf in foil and store in the refrigerator for 1 day before serving.
- 10For a colorful and yummy presentation, toss fresh raspberries with extra glaze and serve alongside.
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can Enjoy
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!
The Cookbook to Defy Disease and Decay - Your Prescription to an Anti-Inflammatory LifeSee More
Teriyaki Turkey Sliders
Sweet Potato Black Bean Enchiladas
Anisette sponge cookiesSee More